Orchard Park, NY Mediation Lawyer
No one gets married with the idea that they will eventually get a divorce. Unfortunately, the odds are stacked against U.S. couples with 50 percent of marriages ending in divorce. If you have found yourself facing this situation, you want to get through it and make the process as painless as possible. A mediation lawyer can help you and your spouse settle important matters so you can move forward with the divorce.
Matters Addressed During Divorce Mediation
When a couple decides to divorce, there are several important matters that they must agree on. Some couples find it difficult to agree on certain matters. That's where the mediation process can help. When you choose divorce mediation in Orchard Park, NY offered by Divorce Mediation of Buffalo, you can rely on us to help you and your spouse agree on the following:
- Child Visitation and Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Distribution of Assets and Debts
We can also help settle other matters, such as who keeps the family home. If you have pets, we can also help you decide who will keep the pets.
Benefits of Divorce Mediation
If you and your spouse are somewhat agreeable when it comes to important matters, you can use the mediation process to finalize an agreement that will satisfy everyone. This is a better option than going to court to settle matters for several reasons.
- When you choose to work with a mediation lawyer, you'll save money versus settling in court, which could take years and thousands of dollars.
- The mediation process is confidential. Only the parties involved and the mediation lawyer will know what's discussed during mediation.
- Divorce mediation is quick. We can often help the parties agree within one to two sessions.
- The mediation process reduces stress because the parties can work at their own pace and agree to terms that they are comfortable with.
If you're interested in speaking with a mediation lawyer, then contact Divorce Mediation Services of Buffalo.
Call today, we would be honored to help!
Divorce Mediation Services of Buffalo LLC. Is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or counsel. Each party has been encouraged to be fully advised by their respective counsel regarding the legal, financial, and practical effect of any agreement entered into.